Art & Culture Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Art & Culture Current Affairs 2019-2020 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. Latest developments in Art & Culture with all important art and culture current affairs updates.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
‘Buddha In A Traffic Jam’ film has won the best original screenplay in a Foreign Language award at the Madrid International Film Festival.
The film is a political satire directed by filmmaker Vivek Agnihotri. It stars Arunoday Singh and Mahi Gill in a lead role along with Anupam Kher, Pallavi Joshi and introduces Anchal Dwivedi.
Besides this award category, the film was also nominated in other two categories viz. the Best Foreign Language Film and Best Lead Actress in a Foreign Language Film to actress Mahi Gill in the Madrid International Film Festival.
Earlier the movie was premiered in the 2014 edition of Mumbai International Film Festival in the India Gold category. The film was also bestowed awards and was the opening film in the 7th Global Film Festival 2015.
Tags: awards • Current Affairs 2016 • Film Festival
39th session World Heritage Committee (WHC) of the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization, (UNESCO) has inscribed 24 new sites into the World Heritage List.
Decision in this regard was taken at WHC’s annual meeting held in Bonn, Germany. In this meeting total 36 sites were examined and 24 sites were granted world heritage status. With this the total number of world heritage sites has increased to 1,031.
24 new sites are
- Blue and John Crow Mountains (Jamaica).
- Tusi sites (China),
- Christiansfeld, a Moravian Church Settlement (Denmark).
- Par Force Hunting Landscape in North Zealand (Denmark).
- Climats, terroirs of Burgundy (France).
- Champagne Hillsides, Houses and Cellars (France).
- Speicherstadt and Kontorhaus District with Chilehaus (Germany).
- Susa (Iran).
- Cultural Landscape of Maymand (Iran).
- Necropolis of Beth She’arim—a Landmark of Jewish Revival (Israel).
- Arab-Norman Palermo and the Cathedral Churches of Cefalú and Monreale (Italy)
- Meiji Industrial Revolution: Iron and Steel, Shipbuilding and Coal Mining (Japan).
- Baptism Site “Bethany Beyond the Jordan” (Al-Maghtas) (Jordan).
- Baekje Historic Areas (South Korea)
- Aqueduct of Padre Tembleque Hydraulic System (Mexico)
- Great Burkhan Khaldun Mountain and its surrounding sacred landscape (Mongolia)
- Rjukan-Notodden Industrial Heritage Site (Norway)
- Rock Art in the Hail Region (Saudi Arabia).
- Singapore Botanical Gardens (Singapore).
- Ephesus (Turkey).
- Diyarbakir Fortress and Hevsel Gardens Cultural Landscape (Turkey).
- Fray Bentos Cultural-Industrial Landscape (Uruguay).
- The Forth Bridge (United Kingdom).
- San Antonio Missions (United States).