Awards & Honours Current Affairs - 2019
Awards and Honours in Current Affairs 2019 with latest winners of various awards in India and world. Current Affairs list of awards and prize won in India and world for 2019.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Cricketer Sachin Tendulkar has been voted the cricketer of the generation by a 50-member jury of current and former cricketers and journalists. The award is meant to honour the most outstanding cricketer between the years 1993 and 2013.
The award ceremony was organized in Mumbai to also mark the 20th anniversary celebrations for the cricket website.
Winners of ESPNcricinfo Award 2013
- Test batting award: Shikhar Dhawan (India) for his rollicking 187 on debut against Australia in Mohali in 2013.
- ODI bowling award: Shahid Afridi (Pakistan) (he won in the same category for 2009).
- Test bowling title: Mitchell Johnson (Australia).
- Debutant of the Year (new category): Mohammed Shami (India) who took 17 wickets in his four Tests in 2013, and 30 ODI wickets.
- Contribution to Cricket Award: Mr. Tarak Sinha (head coach of the Sonnet Cricket Club in Delhi).
- Cricket for Good award: Rahul Dravid (India) for his mentorship of junior and paralympic athletes in India in his association with the GoSports Foundation.
- Statsguru Award: South Africans AB de Villiers (South Africa) and Dale Steyn (South Africa).
- Batsman of the Year, Best Test Batsman, and Most Consistent Batsman: AB de Villiers (South Africa).
- Bowler of the Year and the Best Test Bowler: Dale Steyn (South Africa).
Note: The ESPNcricinfo Awards 2013 recognized the best individual performances in cricket, in Tests, ODIs and Twenty20. The winners are voted on by an independent jury of former cricketers, commentators and ESPNcricinfo’s senior writers. This was the 7th edition of the ESPNcricinfo Awards.
Tags: Australia • Cricket • Current Affairs 2014 • IBPS • Pakistan
The President of India and the Supreme Commander of Indian defense forces, Mr. Pranab Mukherjee awarded the prestigious President’s Standard to 112 Helicopter Unit and President’s Colours to No. 4 Base Repair Depot of Indian Air Force at Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh.
- Standard Award: Wing Commander Manish Sharma, Commanding Officer of 112 Helicopter Unit.
- Colour Award: Group Captain S Shrinivas Commanding Officer of 4 Base Repair Depot (BRD).
The President’s Standard is awarded to operational Units and Colours are awarded to non-flying formations based on their past record and achievements during peace as well as hostilities.
- The Bangalore-based 112 Helicopter Unit is a premier training establishment for pilots, flight engineers and gunners. The Unit had been awarded with the two Vir Chakras, one Yudh Seva Medal and two Vayusena Medals.
- The 4 BRD specializes in repairing and overhauling turbo-jet aero engines. The 4 BRD has been awarded with five Vishisht Seva Medals and numerous commendations.
Note:President’s standard and colours Award is one of the greatest honors bestowed upon an Air Force Unit or Squadron in recognition of exceptional service rendered by it to the nation, both during war and in peace.