Government Schemes & Projects Current Affairs - 2019
Latest Government Schemes Current Affairs 2019 for UPSC Exams, Bank Exams, Civil Services, SSC and other Competitive Exams. This category comprises current affairs related to various government schemes, government policies, projects, and government campaign launches such as portal, apps etc. also.
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A “National Urban Livelihoods Mission (NULM)” has been proposed to be launched by The Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation in 12th Five Year Plan. The NULM will replace the existing Swarna Jayanti Shahari Rozgar Yojana (SJSRY).
Objective: Focus on the primary issues concerning to urban poverty such as bestowing skill training, enabling entrepreneurship development, furnishing wage employment and self-employment opportunities to the urban poor.
Tags: Current Affairs 2013
The Union Cabinet gave its approval to the National Policy for Children, 2012.
The National Policy for Children, 2012
- Reaffirms the government’s dedication to the recognition of the rights of all children in the country.
- Acknowledges every person below the age of 18 years as a child and that childhood is an integral part of life with a value of its own, and a long term, sustainable, multi-sectoral, integrated and inclusive approach is essential for the pleasant development and protection of children.
- Establishes the guiding principles that must be respected by national, state and local governments in their actions and initiatives affecting children.
- As children’s needs are multi-sectoral, interlinked and call for collective action, the policy directs at meaningful convergence and firm coordination across different sectors and levels of governance; active participation and partnerships with all stakeholders; establishing of a comprehensive and authentic knowledge base; supplying of enough resources; and sensitization and capacity development of all those who work for and with children.
Key guiding principles of the National Policy for Children, 2012:
- Right of every child to life, survival, development, education, protection and participation
- Equal rights for all children without discrimination
- Best interest of the child as a principal concern in all actions and decisions affecting children
- Family environment is the most contributing for all-round growth of children.
Key priority areas the National Policy for Children, 2012:
The policy has identified the following as the undeniable rights of every child, and has also declared these as key priority areas:
Operation and Supervision of the Policy
- National Coordination and Action Group (NCAG) be established in order to supervise the performance of National Policy for Children.
- A National Plan of Action will be formulated to give effect to the policy.
- Alike plans and coordination and action groups will be established at the state and district levels.
- The National Commission for Protection of Child Rights and State Commissions for Protection of Child Rights are to ascertain that the principles of the policy are valued in all sectors at all levels. There is a condition for reassessment of the policy every 5 years.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development will be the nodal ministry for supervising and coordinating the effectuation of the policy and will lead the review process for the policy.