Two Indian-origin women named in Forbes’ Self-Made American Women List
Two Indian-origin women have been named in the Forbes’ second annual list of America’s wealthiest and most successful self-made women.
The list includes names of 60 most successful self-made women who have crashed ceilings through invention and innovation. The women in the list have been categorized into Youngest, Technology, NewComers, Entertainment and Founders.
Two Indian-origin women are
- Neerja Sethi: She was placed at 16th position in Forbes ‘America’s Richest Self-made Women’ list. She had co-founded IT consulting and outsourcing firm Syntel with her husband Bharat Desai.
- Her assets account for a net worth of US 1.1 billion dollars. She is vice president of Syntel’s corporate affairs. Her company employs more than 25000 people.
- Jayshree Ullal: She has been placed at 30th position in the list. Since 2008, she is president and CEO of Arista Networks.
- This edition of list was topped by Diane Hendricks who is owner of largest wholesale distributor, ABC Supply. Her assets have net worth of US 4.9 billion dollars.
- List also includes other notable names such as TV czar Oprah Winfrey (2nd), Hewlett Packard CEO Meg Whitman (6th), Facebook’s chief operating officer Sheryl Sandberg (14th), designer Tory Burch (19th), singer Madonna (25th) and Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer (33rd) etc.
Categories: Persons in News