34th Masters title Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Rafael Nadal of Spain defeats Novak Djokovic of Serbia in finals and won men’s singles title at Italian Open 2019, held in Rome. This was his ninth title in Rome.
- Rafael Nadal, the World No. 2 player defeated World No. 1 Novak Djokovic by 6-0 4-6 6-1 in in the Italian Open final held in Rome.
- It was his 81st tournament win but first clay court title of year 2019.
- In Australian Open final in January 2019, Nadal was beaten by Djokovic in final and had also lost at semi-final stage in his past four tournaments.
- Winning Italian Open he has now recorded his 34th Masters title. This takes him 34-33 ahead of Djokovic in Masters 1,000 Series titles and also gives a boost before the French Open (also called Roland-Garros) starting on 26 May 2019.
About Italian Open
- It is a tennis tournament which is held in Rome, Italy. It was founded in 1930.
- The event is also known as Rome Masters (for male edition) or Internazionali BNL d’Italia (sponsored name) or Italian Championships.
- The tournament is played on Clay Courts, a type of tennis court which are made of crushed brick, stone, shale, or other unbound mineral aggregates. French Open is also played in Clay Courts.