Airtel Bank Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Airtel Payments Bank Limited or Airtel Bank became the first payments bank in the country to launch live banking services in Rajasthan.
The pilot phase of the Airtel bank launched in Rajasthan aims at testing systems and processes ahead of a full scale pan Indian launch.
- Airtel Payments Bank is a subsidiary of Bharti Airtel Limited. Mahindra Bank holds 19.9% stake in it.
- Airtel retail outlets across Rajasthan will act as banking points. They offer a range of basic, convenient banking services as per Payments Bank guidelines issued by RBI.
- Customers can open bank accounts by using Aadhaar based e-KYC. Airtel subscriber’s mobile number will function as a bank account number.
- The bank will accept deposits not exceeding Rs 1 lakh. It cannot perform lending activities, except while giving loans to its employees on approval of the board.
- It intends to give an interest rate of 7.25% per annum on deposits in savings accounts.
- It will be offering customers the convenience of cashless purchase of goods/services using their bank accounts/wallets, contributing to of financial inclusion and banking for all.
- Though payment banks are allowed to issue debit card facility, but Airtel Payments Bank will be not offering this facility right now.
In August 2015, RBI had had given in-principle approval to 11 applicants to set up payments bank by February 2017. So far, out of these 11 applicants, Tech Mahindra Ltd, Cholamandalam Investment and Finance Co, and billionaire Dilip Shanghvi have opted out.