Blue Economy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
First World Ocean Science Congress (WOSC) concluded in Kochi, Kerala.
The four-day-long event had started in Kochi on 5 February 2015.
Key facts about World Ocean Science Congress (WOSC)-2015
- Themes of WOSC-2015: Protect Oceans for Posterity and Blue Economy.
- It was organized by Swadeshi Science Movement, Vijnana Bharati, Kerala Chapter and the Kerala University of Fisheries and Ocean Studies (KUFOS).
- Eminent oceanographers, environmentalists, naval exponents and maritime industrialists from across the world participated in the event.
- First edition of WOSC-2015 witnessed to deliberate findings on sustainable means to utilise ocean resources without causing damage to the oceans and their marine life.
- It also witnessed presentation of 450 technical papers in 13 sessions by 86 Indian institutions and 14 foreign institutions.
Outcomes of WOSC-2015
- A set of recommendations have been outline in the congress. These ecommendations will be submitted to Prime Minister Narendra Modi for further guidelines.
- Delegates of WOSC-2015 have urged the Union Government to form a separate ministry in the fields of ocean research and fisheries research in order to bring all the agencies and institutions working on it under one roof. This separate ministry will help for the smooth implementation and management of all the government policies related to the ocean and fisheries research sectors.