Brazil Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
PM Modi is to attend the 11th BRICS summit that is to be conducted in Brazil on November 13, 2019. He will be accompanied by a large business delegates during the visit. The theme of 2019 BRICS summit is Economic Growth for an Innovative Future
- PM is to attend restricted sessions during the visit. The sessions will focus on opportunities and challenges for the national sovereignty in the world.
- BRICS Plenary session is to be held where the leaders are to discuss BRICS cooperation for economic development of member nations
- Meeting of BRICS Business Council is also planned during the summit. During the session the MoUs between the BRICS countries and Investment Promotion agencies are to be signed
- A joint Declaration will be issued at the end of the summit.
BRICS comprises of 5 major economies namely Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. The member countries of BRICS grouping hold 42% of world’s population, 17% of world trade and 23% of world GDP. In 2018, BRICS commemorated its 10th anniversary in Johannesburg. The two main pillars of BRICS are
- It helps to consult on issues of mutual interests through meetings
- Also it helps to promote several sectors like agriculture, education, health, finance, trade, technology and communication.
Tags: Brazil • BRICS • Economy. International Grouping • International Grouping • multilateral cooperation
Union Minister of State for Culture and Tourism (Independent charge) Prahlad Singh Patel participated in BRICS Culture Ministers’ meeting held in Curitiba, Brazil. At the meet the minister reaffirmed India’s commitment to contribute towards strengthening bonds between member countries.
Key Highlights of Meet
Since, BRICS countries have witnessed cultural cooperation scaling to new heights, thereby India proposed to add literature as another field of cooperation between countries to enhance cooperation in field of literary works.
Minister Prahlad Singh Patel also put forward thoughts on Letter of Intention (LoI) on Creative Economy in BRICS Countries to set a milestone in the BRICS cultural cooperation. He further requested his fellow counterparts to develop a thorough knowledge of creative markets of BRICS member states and encourage mobility of professionals of creative economy in order to stimulate opportunities.
BRICS is an association of- Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa. These are five major emerging national economies.
For India, BRICS is a valuable forum for coordination, consultation and cooperation on contemporary global issues of mutual interest.
Under the aegis of collaborations in various fields well participated by all the member states, the institutions have made commendable efforts to organise a number of events in these fields. One such event is joint exhibition titled ‘Bonding Regions and Imagining Cultural Synergies’ that will be hosted during November-December 2019, by National Gallery of Modern Arts of India under the auspices of BRICS Alliance of Museums and Art Galleries.