Chief Ministers Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Nitish Kumar has sworn in as the Chief Minister (CM) of Bihar for the 4th time.
Governor of Bihar Keshri Nath Tripathi administered the oath of office and secrecy to him at the oath taking ceremony held at Raj Bhawan in Patna.
Along with Nitish Kumar, 22 Janta Dal United (JDU) Party legislators, including three women were also sworn in as Cabinet Ministers.
Earlier on 20 February 2015, Jitan Ram Manjhi had resigned as CM ending a month long political turmoil in Bihar
About Nitish Kumar
- Nitish Kumar was born on 1st March 1951 in Bakhtiarpur District of Bihar.
- He had started his political career by taking part in the mass movement led by Jayaprakash Narayan between 1974 and 1977.
- Kumar was elected to Bihar legislative assembly for first time in 1985. He was elected to Lok Sabha for 4 consecutive times, first in 1989 than in 1991, 1996 and 1998.
- Union Minister- In 1990, for a brief stint he was Union Minister of Agriculture. In 1998-99, he was Union Minister for Railways and Surface Transport and Minister for Agriculture.
- He was Union Cabinet Minister for Railways in the NDA Government of Atal Bihari Vajpayee from 2001- 2004.
- CM of Bihar- In 2000, for first time he was made CM of Bihar but had resigned within 7 days. In 2005, he was sworn in as the CM of Bihar for second time and in 2010 for third time. In May 2014 he had resigned from the CM post taking the responsibility of his party’s (JDU) dismal performance in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
Tags: Bihar • Chief Ministers • Current Affairs 2016 • Lok Sabha
Chief Minister (CM) of Bihar Jitan Ram Manjhi has resigned. His resignation was accepted by Governor of Bihar Keshri Nath Tripathi.
He had resigned from office, before the trust vote he was to face in Bihar Legislature after the Governor address to the joint session.
Jitan Ram Manjhi was 23rd CM of Bihar, elected in May 2014 by the Janata Dal (United) Party legislators.
He was appointed as CM following the resignation of then CM Nitish Kumar, who had resigned from the post taking the responsibility of his party’s (JDU) dismal performance in the 2014 Lok Sabha polls.
About Jitan Ram Manjhi
- Manjhi hails from Mahkar village in Gaya district. He is a legislator from the Makhdoompur assembly constituency in Jehanabad district.
- He was the third Dalit CM of Bihar after Bhola Paswan Shastri and Ram Sundar Das.
- Prior to his appointment as CM, Manjhi was SC/ST welfare minister in the Nitish Kumar cabinet.