Education Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Every year on November 11, India celebrates National Education Day on November 11 to commemorate the birth anniversary of Maulana Abdul Azad, the first Education Minister of India. He was the man behind the establishments of the premier institutes of the country like IITs, IIScs, etc.
- The Day is being celebrated since 2008
- Campaigns and Programs are organized on this day every year to spread awareness about education and for the citizens to learn about the importance of education.
- The main objective of the day is to attract more people towards education and to increase the literacy rate of the country
- Maulana Azad was an independence activist and one of the senior leaders of the Indian National Congress.
- He was awarded the Bharat Ratna, the highest civilian award in 192 for his contributions towards education
- He founded the University Grants Commission (UGC) that supervises the higher education across the country.
- His primary objective was free primary education.
- He was born on November 11, 1888. He learned Arabic and Urudu. In 1912, he began a weekly Urudu newspaper called the “Al-Hilal”.
- He found the Lalit Kala Academy, Sangeet Natak Academy and Sahitya Academy to promote the education system of the country.
Tags: Education • IIT • Literacy • Maulana Abul Kalam Azad • Primary Education
On November 3, 2019, the Union Minister of State (independent charge) for AYUSH inaugurated the National Research Institute of Unani Medicine for Skin Disorders. The institute was upgraded from Central Research Institute of Unani Medicine.
- The concept of AYUSH was brought by the National Rural Health Mission, 2005 to revitalize local health traditions. AYUSH includes 6 Indian systems of medicine that includes Ayurveda, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
- Under National Ayush Mission, several steps were taken to improve the field and to make the traditional medicine available all over the country. It also aims at solving the problem of unavailability of doctors in the country.
- GoI is also planning to export the technical knowledge behind the industry to African and European countries. Recently it signed MoUs with Germany to fuse biotechnology with Ayurvedic Practices.
- The concept of mainstreaming AYUSH was an idea in the 9th five year plan. By this the AYUSH doctors are co-located in various health facilities like Primary Health Centre, Community Health Centre and District hospitals
National Institutes or Central Institutes are established by Government of India and are supported by agencies like ICAR, Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, CSIR, DST, DAE, Ministry of HRD, etc.