Governance Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Power has launched Surya Mitra mobile App to serve customers in the field of renewable energy.
The app was launched by Union Power Minister Piyush Goyal at National Workshop on Rooftop Solar Power held in New Delhi.
The App will serve customers at their doorsteps with quality installation, repair, and Observations and Measurements (O&M) in the field of renewable energy.
About Surya Mitra Mobile App
- Surya Mitra Mobile App has been developed by National Institute of Solar Energy (NISE), an autonomous institution of Union Ministry of New & Renewable Energy (MNRE).
- The app has been developed in a high end technology platform that can handle thousands of customers’ calls simultaneously and can efficiently monitor all visits of Suryamitra’s.
- Using this app, customers can avail services like maintenance, serving and repairing at the click of a button on their mobiles.
- It will help enhance the employment of trained youth i.e. Suryamitra’s in solar PV technology. Further it will also help to improve the businesses of solar entrepreneurs.
Suryamitra initiative: It is Union Government’s skill development program to create skilled manpower in commissioning, installation, O&M of solar power plants and equipment. It primary objective is to provide entrepreneurship and employability opportunites to rural and urban youth & women.
Tags: Governance • Power sector • Renewable Energy
The Income Tax (IT) department has launched electronic grievance redressal system ‘e-nivaran’ to fast track taxpayer grievances and ensure early resolution of their complaints.
In this regard, a separate and dedicated window for grievance redressal has been launched in the Income Tax Business Application (ITBA).
- The e-nivaran system also called as unified grievance management system seeks to integrate all online and physical complaints gathered by the department.
- The complaints at this platform will be monitored by the Assessing Officer upto the supervisory officers in a paperless environment.
- The system records the origin of the grievance on the electronic platform and also keeps tracking it till it reaches its logical conclusion for final resolution.
- It will also ensure that grievances related to any section or domain of the IT department is transferred quickly to the concerned department.