Governance Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Delhi Assembly passes Delhi Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services Amendment Bill, 2015
Delhi Assembly Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Amendment Bill, 2015 aimed at providing citizens with time bound delivery of Government services.
The bill amends Delhi (Right of Citizen to Time Bound Delivery of Services) Act, 2011.
Key provisions of Amendment Bill
- Seeks to make the life of common man hassle free by providing services in a time bound manner.
- Ensure mandatory and automatic compensation for citizens if government services are not provided to them in time.
- Mandatory for each government department, local body and public authority will issue a ‘Citizen’s Charter’.
- They would set out in detail the time stipulated for provision of citizen-related services and the officer responsible for providing it.
- Imposes penalty on officials for delay in providing services.
Tags: Bills and Amendments • Current Affairs 2016 • Delhi Assembly • Governance
The Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has been awarded SKOCH Award for Smart Governance.
It has been bestowed with this award for its initiatives on UAN Programme and Transformation of Social Security Agenda in India.
It is the 5th Award won by EPFO in the last two years for its initiatives for the welfare of various stakeholders.
About Employee Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO)
- EPFO is a statutory body of Union Government that comes under the aegis of Ministry of Labour and Employment.
- Headquarters: New Delhi.
- Functions: Administers a compulsory contributory Provident Fund Scheme (1952), Pension Scheme (1995) and an Insurance Scheme (1976).
- It is one of the largest social security organisations in India in terms volume of financial transactions undertaken and number of covered beneficiaries.