Hardeep Singh Puri Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Union Minister for Civil Aviation Hardeep Singh Puri has ordered setting up a mechanism to regularly monitor airfares in the country. With the setting up of new mechanism, the airfares will now be regularly monitored by Union Ministry of Civil Aviation and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA).
The Aviation Ministry move to set up a mechanism in Civil Aviation Ministry and Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) to monitor air fares on a regular basis is to keep an eye on how airlines pricing is working.
With monitoring of airfares on an ongoing basis, the Ministry can get some learning from that and then discuss it with airlines.
However, Aviation Ministry clarified that the government currently does not have any intention to regularise the fares.
Centre is also concerned about higher taxes on aviation turbine fuel (ATF), and has also requested state governments to reduce excise duty on it.
Besides this the aviation ministry, had also raised concern over pricing war between airlines that analysts believe is primary reason for losses of airline industry.
Tags: Airfares • Aviation turbine fuel • Directorate-General of Civil Aviation • Hardeep Singh Puri • Union Minister for Civil Aviation
The Union Minister of Housing and Urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri launched the Global Housing Technology Challenge. The challenge is undertaken under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U).
Features of the Global Housing Technology Challenge
The features of the Global Housing Technology Challenge (GHTC) are:
- GHTC aims to fast-track the construction of affordable housing and meet the target of constructing 1.2 crore houses by 2022.
- GHTC focuses on identifying and mainstreaming proven demonstrable technologies for lighthouse projects and spotting potential future technologies for incubation and acceleration support through ASHA (Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators) — India.
- To enable adoption of construction techniques for housing that are affordable and takes minimum time as less as three months instead of the conventional three years for construction.
- Bring a paradigm shift in technology transition using large-scale construction under the PMAY-U as an opportunity to get the best available construction technologies across the globe.
Under GHTC, a grand expo-cum-conference on GHTC will be organised in March, wherein stakeholders will showcase their best technologies to build houses. This will provide builders plethora of technological innovations to choose from, for timely delivery of projects.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U)
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission has been undertaken by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA). The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission seeks to address the housing requirement of urban poor including slum dwellers through following programme components:
- In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation.
- Credit Linked Subsidy.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership.
- Subsidy for Beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
Of these components, Credit linked subsidy is implemented as a Central Sector Scheme while other three components will be implemented as Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS).