Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has launched its own payment aggregator system, IRCTC iPay. This a step towards promoting the government’s Digital India initiative.
- IRCTC iPay is a prepaid card cum wallet.
- With IRCTC iPay IRCTC will have full control of the payment system because of its direct relationship with acquiring banks, card networks and other partners.
- This direct and full control will eventually lead to a substantial reduction in payment failures.
- Further in case of an online transaction is unsuccessful or some other error occurs, IRCTC can directly get in touch with the bank instead of relying on an intermediate source which usually delays the process.
- With IRCTC iPay passengers will not need any third-party platforms as the IRCTC iPay provides payment options like credit card, debit card, UPI – Unified Payment Interface, International Card.
The exclusive digital payment gateway will provide an improved online digital payment convenience and ease of doing business to passengers availing online travel-related services through the IRCTC website.
Tags: Digital India • Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation • IRCTC • IRCTC iPay • payment aggregator system
Indian Railways unveiled ‘eDrishti’ software that will help Union Railway Minister to keep track of punctuality of trains as well as freight and passenger earnings and much more from anywhere in the country. The software has been developed by Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) to help Minister keep track of all information related to Indian Railways, one of the world’s largest rail networks.
Using this software, Railway Minister can track any information with just a click of mouse — whether from his office or while on the move. It will also enable Minister to know at any given point of time day’s freight and passenger earnings, freight loading and unloading, punctuality, progress of major projects, public grievances, movement of trains across the country, details of railway stations and much more.
It also has been connected with base kitchens of Indian Rail Catering and Tourism Corp (IRCTC) as many complaints comes regarding the quality of food served on trains. Through live video, Minister will be able to monitor the goings on in IRCTC kitchens. It will also provide the live status of reserved and unreserved passengers travelling on trains besides providing the exact location of trains at any point of time.