Internazionali d’Italia Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Czech Republic’s Karolina Pliskova beats United Kingdom (UK’s) Johanna Konta in finals and won women’s singles title at Women’s Tennis Association’s (WTA) Italian Open 2019, held in Rome.
- Czech world number seven Karolina Pliskova defeated British number one Johanna Konta with 6-3, 6-4 in 1 hour 25 minutes.
- By defeating Johanna Konta in straight sets in final of the Internazionali d’Italia, (in Rome) Pliskova sealed her second title of the season since Brisbane International in January 2019.
- After losing in second round in Madrid and Stuttgart, but winning Italian Open’s she now sits at World No.2 ahead of French Open. She has climbed five places to slot in just behind World No.1 Naomi Osaka.
- With his win 27-year-old Pliskova became first Czech woman to win women’s singles in Rome since Regina Marsikova in1978.
- She was first British woman to reach Italian Open final since Virginia Wade in 1971.
- The 28 year old is UK’s Number One player. She defeated two World’s top-10 players to reach finals of Italian Open 2019. Even after losing at final she has earned a seeding at French Open starting on 26 May 2019.
- She is up by 16 places to become World No.26 after a great display. This is her highest ranking since July 2018.