Kenya Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India has inked Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with six countries namely in the field of International Civil Aviation Negotiations.
They were signed by Indian delegation representing Union Ministry of Civil Aviation in the International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN) 2015 conference.
These 6 signed MoUs are with
- Oman: MoU was signed to for adding additional 5131 seats in order to make the total capacity entitlements from present 16018 seats per week to 21149 seats per week.
- Kazakhstan: MoU was signed to review the initialled Air Services Agreement (ASA) as per the latest Article 11 given by the Indian side.
- Kenya: MoU was signed to enhance the capacity entitlements between both sides by increasing it from present 14 frequencies to 21 additional frequencies.
- Ethiopia: MoU was signed to enhance the capacity entitlements between both sides by increasing it from the existing 21 frequencies per week to 28 frequencies per week.
- Finland: MoU was signed for code share, intermodal services, routing flexibility and open sky on cargo, which are mandatory requirement of Horizontal Agreement.
- Sweden, Norway and Denmark: MoU was signed by both the parties in 4 provisions namely, code shares, routing flexibility, intermodal and open sky on cargo which is a mandatory requirement of Horizontal Agreement agreed by these three Scandinavian countries.
In this conference, the Indian delegation also met the delegations from Greece, Qatar, Serbia, European Union and Brunei Darussalam. They discussed about expansion of air services between India and these countries.
Tags: Civil Aviation • Current Affairs 2016 • Ethiopia • Finland • Kazakhstan
Ethiopia’s Mare Dibaba has won the gold medal in the women’s marathon event at the World Athletics Championships 2015 held in Beijing, China.
She won the women’s marathon by finishing it in two hours, 27 minutes and 35 seconds. Kenya’s Helah Kiprop (2:27:36) won the silver medal and Eunice Kirwa (2:27:39) of Bahrain won bronze medal in this event.
With this victory, Dibaba became first Ethiopian female to win the marathon event at the world championships.
Women’s world 4×400 metres relay
Jamaica has won the gold medal in the women’s world 4×400 metres relay event of World Athletics Championships 2015.
Jamaican team comprising of Novlene Williams-Mills (Anchor leg), Christine Day, Shericka Jackson and Stephenie Ann McPherson clocked 3 minutes, 19.13 seconds to win the race.
United States (clocking 3:19.44) won the silver medal in this event and Britain (3:23.62) won the bronze medal.