Ministry of Minority Affairs Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Minority Affairs is implementing pre-matric, post-matric and merit-cum-means based scholarship schemes for the educational upliftment of the minority communities.
Post-Matric Scholarship Scheme:
Under this scheme, students are encouraged to pursue technical and vocational courses in Industrial Training Institutes/ Industrial Training Centres by granting higher amount of scholarships.
Merit-cum-means based Scholarship Scheme:
Under this scheme, students are encouraged to pursue professional and technical courses. Students qualifying for admissions in elite listed institutes are reimbursed full course fee. Fellowship is granted to minority scholars to pursue higher and professional courses at M Phil and Ph D levels through the Maulana Azad National Fellowship.
Multi-Sectoral Development Programme (MsDP)
Essential infrastructure for education and skill development is developed in the identified minority concentration areas. Thus far 117 ITIs, 44 polytechnics, 645 hostels, 1092 school buildings, and 20656 additional class rooms have been sanctioned under MsDP.
‘Seekho aur Kamao’ Scheme:
Under this scheme, minority youth are imparted training for upgrading the skills of minority youths in various modern/ traditional vocations to enable them to get suitable employment.
The ministry has also started ‘Nalanda’, a project for development of faculty in minority managed institutions for higher education.
Tags: Current Affairs 2014 • IBPS • Ministry of Minority Affairs • Socio-Economic
The Union Ministry of Minority Affairs launched two new initiatives for the welfare of Minorities. These are Maulana Azad Sehat Scheme and Nalanda Project, a Faculty Development Program for Minorities’ Higher Educational Institutions.
Maulana Azad Sehat scheme
- “Sehat Card” would be issued to every student of the Institution financially aided by MAEF.
- Preventive Health Check-up Camps would be organized by the Institute twice in a year, through Government/Private Hospitals/Nursing Homes.
- All findings of the Preventive Health Checkups will be entered in the Sehat Card of the student by the Doctors.
- In exceptional and deserving cases for serious ailments, the poor students belonging to notified minorities would be provided financial assistance for treatment in Government/Recognized Hospitals.
- Serious ailments viz. Kidney, Heart, Liver, Cancer, Brain, Knee surgery and Spinal surgery or any other life threatening diseases would be covered.
- Dispensary/Health Care Centre is to be set up in the educational institutions (School) to provide daily medical facilities to the students studying in the educational institutions funded/aided by MAEF.
About Nalanda Project- a Faculty Development Program for Minorities’ Higher Educational Institutions.
- Objective: To help faculty learn new ways to achieve excellence and to grow as faculty members.
- Supported by Aligarh Muslim University, a premier Minority University of world fame.
- Faculty development includes education, collaboration, resources and support.
- Faculty development is an essential element of institutional effectiveness in higher education. It has become a priority at many academic institutions as a way to improve the quality of academic programs and to respond to emerging faculty, student, program and industry needs.
- Faculty who engage in professional development experiences benefit also in terms of increased vitality, informed pedagogy, teaching innovations and scholarly teaching.
- Benefit: Through educational programs and workshops, faculty can learn the skills necessary to reach excellence in a changing academic environment.