Oman Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India has inked Memorandum of Understandings (MoUs) with six countries namely in the field of International Civil Aviation Negotiations.
They were signed by Indian delegation representing Union Ministry of Civil Aviation in the International Civil Aviation Negotiations (ICAN) 2015 conference.
These 6 signed MoUs are with
- Oman: MoU was signed to for adding additional 5131 seats in order to make the total capacity entitlements from present 16018 seats per week to 21149 seats per week.
- Kazakhstan: MoU was signed to review the initialled Air Services Agreement (ASA) as per the latest Article 11 given by the Indian side.
- Kenya: MoU was signed to enhance the capacity entitlements between both sides by increasing it from present 14 frequencies to 21 additional frequencies.
- Ethiopia: MoU was signed to enhance the capacity entitlements between both sides by increasing it from the existing 21 frequencies per week to 28 frequencies per week.
- Finland: MoU was signed for code share, intermodal services, routing flexibility and open sky on cargo, which are mandatory requirement of Horizontal Agreement.
- Sweden, Norway and Denmark: MoU was signed by both the parties in 4 provisions namely, code shares, routing flexibility, intermodal and open sky on cargo which is a mandatory requirement of Horizontal Agreement agreed by these three Scandinavian countries.
In this conference, the Indian delegation also met the delegations from Greece, Qatar, Serbia, European Union and Brunei Darussalam. They discussed about expansion of air services between India and these countries.
Tags: Civil Aviation • Current Affairs 2016 • Ethiopia • Finland • Kazakhstan
“Nanauk”, the tropical cyclone that emerged in the east-central Arabian Sea is likely to hit Oman on June 15, 2014. Due to the influence of the cyclone, Delhi witnessed an unexpected hike in moisture levels which caused rain bringing the soaring temperature down. As per India’s Met Department the cyclone is likely to affect the southwest monsoon.Under the influence of this cyclone, the south west monsoon will move along the west coast of Maharashtra and Gujarat.