Prime Minister of India Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi was honoured with prestigious ‘Order of Zayed’, United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) highest civilian award at a ceremony held in Abu Dhabi (UAE Capital) for PM’s contribution in strengthening relations between India and UAE.
About Order of Zayed
The award in name of Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, founding father of UAE.
This award acquires special significance as it was awarded to Prime Minister Modi in year of birth centenary of Sheikh Zayed.
However, UAE in April 2019 had announced to confer country’s highest award on Modi. He was awarded as a mark of appreciation for his efforts to boost bilateral ties between two nations.
Other Awardees: It has earlier been bestowed on several world leaders which include Russian President Vladimir Putin, Queen Elizabeth II and Chinese President Xi Jinping.
UAE is India’s 3rd-largest trade partner with an annual bilateral trade of about $60 billion. It is also 4th-largest exporter of crude oil for India.
India and UAE enjoy warm, close and multi-faceted relations underpinned by cultural, religious and economic linkages.
Around 3.3 million-strong vibrant Indian community living in UAE nourishes vibrant people-to-people contacts between our two friendly countries.
Tags: Abu Dhabi • India-UAE • Narendra Modi • Order of Zayed • Prime Minister of India
The Centre government has appointed senior Indian Police Service (IPS) officer V.S. Kaumudi as Director General of Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPR&D) by lowering the post to the rank of Additional Director General.
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet comprising of Prime Minister of India (who is the Chairman) and Minister of Home Affairs, approved the proposal made by Union Ministry of Home Affairs for appointing V.S. Kaumudi as Director General (ADG level) BPR&D by temporarily downgrading the DG post to level of Additional Director General (Level-15 of Pay Matrix)
- He will be succeeding IPS officer Sudeep Lakhtakia, a 1984 batch IPS officer.
- Term: His appointment as DG of BPR&D will be for a period of two years or until further orders, whichever is earlier.
About IPS V.S. Kaumudi
- He is a 1986 batch IPS officer of Andhra Pradesh cadre.
- At present she is serving as Additional Director General (ADG) in Central Reserve.
About Bureau of Police Research and Development
- BPRD was established in 1970 under the Union Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA).
- It is a federal law enforcement agency with headquarters in New Delhi.
- It is a national police organisation to study, research and develop (R&D) on subjects and issues related to policing for the purpose of modernisation of police forces.
- In 2017, Union government merged Bureau of Police Research and Development (BPRD) with National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) for improving administrative efficiency and optimally utilising resources related to policing. This new merged entity is headed by Director General (DG) of BPRD, and NCRB Director, an Additional DG rank post will report to the former.