Punjab Regiment Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The joint military exercise of India and French troops is to be held between 31st October 2019 and 13th November 2019. It is a biennial exercise conducted alternately in India and France. The exercise is to be conducted at the Foreign Training Node at Mahajan Field Firing Range, Rajasthan.
A contingent of Sikh regiment of South Western command will represent Indian army in the exercise.
- The exercise will focus on Counter Terrorism operations in a semi-desert terrain under United Nations Mandate
- It will focus on sharing of drill at tactical level, high degree of physical fitness, and learning of best practices from each other.
- It aims at enhancing cooperation, understanding and inter operability between the two armies
- The exercise will also culminate a 36 hours ling validation which involves neutralization of terrorists in village hide out
Tags: Army • India-France • Indian Military Exercises • Punjab Regiment • Rajasthan
Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman gave away Republic Day Parade 2018 best tableau award to Maharashtra and best marching contingent award to Punjab Regiment Contingent.
The ceremonial Republic Day Parade 2018 was held on 26 January 2018 at Rajpath to celebrate 69th Republic Day. It was presided over by President Ram Nath Kovind and 10 leaders of Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) were guests of honour. India’s military might was fully displayed during the annual celebrations.
Total of 23 tableaux (14 from States & Union Territories, 2 from Ministry of External Affairs and rest of the tableaux from other Ministries/Departments) participated in this year’s Republic Day Parade. Ministry of External Affairs 2 tableaux depicted long socio-cultural, religious, educational & trade relations between India and 10 ASEAN countries
Republic Day Parade 2018 Awards
Best marching contingent
- Among Three Services: Punjab Regiment (1st).
- Among para-military and other auxiliary forces: Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP).
- First: Tableau from Maharashtra depicting coronation of Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj was awarded first prize.
- Second: Tableau from Assam depicting traditional masks and sastras begged second prize.
- Third: Tableau of Chhattisgarh depicting Ramgarh’s ancient amphitheatre along with artistes performing dance, based on Kalidasa’s Meghadootam was awarded third prize.
- Union Ministries/Departments Category: Tableaux of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports depicting ‘Khelo India’ was given first prize.
School children items category
- First prize: South Central Zone Cultural Centre, Nagpur (Maharashtra) performing ‘Baredi Dance’ from Madhya Pradesh.
- Consolation prizes: It was awarded to North East Zone Cultural Centre, Dimapur (Nagaland) for performing Sangrai Mog Dance of Tripura and Oxford Foundation School, Najafgarh, Delhi for performing Shikshit Bharat, Shashakt Bharat dance.