Rail Sector Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Cabinet has approved Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and United Arab Emirates (UAE) on Technical Cooperation in Rail Secto. The MoU was signed in February 2018 with Federal Transport Authority – Land & Maritime of UAE.
The MoU will provide platform to Indian Railways to interact and share latest developments and knowledge in railway sector. It will facilitate exchange of information, expert meetings, technical visits and implementation of jointly agreed cooperation projects between both countries. The MoU will enable technical cooperation in following areas
- Regulation, safety and technical investigation of accidents.
- Station redevelopment.
- Locomotives, coaches and wagons.
- Any other area jointly identified by both countries in future.
Ministry of Railways has signed numerous MoUs for technical cooperation in Rail sector with various foreign Governments and their National Railways. The identified areas of cooperation under these MoUs inter alia include high speed corridors, development of world class stations, speed raising of existing routes, heavy haul operations and modernization of rail infrastructure, etc. The cooperation is achieved through exchange of information on developments in areas of railways technology and operations, technical visits, knowledge sharing, training & seminars and workshops in areas of mutual interest.
Tags: Cabinet Decisions • India-UAE • National • Rail Sector
Union Ministry of Railways and Ministry of Enterprise and Innovation of Sweden have inked a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) on Technical Cooperation in Rail Sector.
The main objective of MoU is to develop cooperation activities in the Railway sector to promote efficiency and sustainability and to achieve concrete results with regard to bilateral trade, research, investment and technology transfer.
Key features of MoU
- Benchmark Railways policy development, organization, regulations and specific characteristics for each country.
- Exchange of knowledge, innovation, technology, technical expertise, sustainable solutions and research.
- Other cooperation projects agreed include tilting coaches/trains, optimisation of maintenance, capacity allocation (time tabling) and improved freight/combination traffic.
- Training and continuing of education program in maintenance of Rail transport system for Railway engineers and managers.
This MoU will remain in force for 5 years and can be extended for a further period of 5 years with the written consent of both sides.