Saubhagya Scheme Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated various development works during his visit to the state of Jammu and Kashmir. The developmental works include:
- Laying of the foundation stones of two All India Institutes of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) in Vijaypur and Awantipora.
- Laying of the foundation stone of northern regional centre campus of Indian Institute of Mass Communication in Jammu.
- Launching of the University of Ladakh, which will be the first-ever university in the Ladakh region of the state.
- Launching of various projects under the Rashtriya Uchchatar Shiksha Abhiyan.
- Laying of the foundation stones for three model degree colleges in Kishtwar, Kupwara and Baramulla in Jammu and Kashmir.
- Declaration of 100-per cent electrification of households in Jammu and Kashmir under the central government’s Saubhagya Scheme.
- Laying the foundation stone for 624-MW Kiru hydroelectric project in Kishtwar which is a run-of-the-river project across the Chenab.
- Inaugurating the 9-MW Dah hydroelectric project.
- Inauguration of the 220-KV Srinagar-Alusteng-Drass-Kargil-Leh transmission system.
- Inauguration of the 400-KV D/C Jalandhar-Samba-Rajouri-Shopian-Amargarh (Sopore) transmission line.
- Laying the foundation stone of 1,640-metre span double-lane bridge over the Chenab river in Sajwal.
Many of these projects are undertaken under the Prime Minister’s Development Package was announced as a reconstruction plan for J&K.
Tags: AIIMS • All India Institutes of Medical Sciences • Chenab river • Jammu and Kashmir • Kiru hydroelectric project
India is likely to achieve 100 per cent household electrification before 2019 Republic Day. India has already provided electricity access to 2.39 crore out of the targeted 2.49 crore households under the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, Saubhagya scheme.
Status of Electrification
India has achieved the hundred per cent electrification of the households in 25 states by December 2018. About 10.48 lakh households are left to be electrified in 4 states of Assam, Rajasthan, Meghalaya and Chhattisgarh. The electrification got delayed in these states due to elections and Maoist problems. These states are now making concerted efforts to achieve 100 per cent household electrification in their respective states.
The centre had launched the Pradhan Mantri Sahaj Bijli Har Ghar Yojana, Saubhagya scheme to provide electricity to all households by December 2018. The households identified via the Socio-economic and Caste Census (SECC) of 2011 are provided with free electricity connections and others were charged a nominal fee of Rs. 500. The scheme aims at providing last mile connectivity and electricity connections to all remaining households in rural as well as urban areas.