Singer Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Veteran music director and lyricist Ravindra Jain passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra. He was 71.
He was a soulful musician and an accomplished lyricist and renowned vocalist and never had let his visual disability hinder his talent.
About Ravindra Jain
- He was born in the family of a Sanskrit scholar on 28th February 1944 in Aligarh, Uttar Pradesh.
- He had started his singing career very tender age by reciting bhajans and poetry at temples. He began his musical journey in Bollywood in the 1970s.
- Since then he has composed music for almost 150 movies apart from working with Sagar Films for their television series.
- His famous songs are ‘Geet Gaata Chal’, ‘Chor Machaye Shor’, ‘Chitchor’, ‘Nadiya ke Paar’, ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’, ‘Ankhiyon Ke Jharokhon Se’, ‘Do Jasoos’ and ‘Henna’.
- Awards: Filmfare Award for Best Music for ‘Ram Teri Ganga Maili’ (1985), Lata Mangeshkar Lifetime Achievement Award of Maharashtra Government and Padmashri (2015).
Tags: Bolloywood • Current Affairs 2016 • Entertainment • Obitutary • Persons in News
United States country singer Lynn Anderson passed away after she suffered a heart attack in Nashville, US. She was 67.
She was best known for her 1971 worldwide hit I Never Promised You a from Rose Garden.
Lynn Anderson was born in North Dakota and was raised in Sacramento, California. She was daughter of two country songwriters and started her career at the age of 6. Her other US hits are How Can I Unlove You?, You’re My Man and Top of the World.
She had won a Grammy award for Rose Garden and in 1971, she was also the Country Music Association’s female vocalist of the year. Alongside her singing career, she had appeared in number of television series.