Technology Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Nasscom report on Indian Tech Start-Up Ecosystem said that India continues to the third largest start-up ecosystem after China and US. India has added more than 1300 tech start-ups in 2019 according to the report. Between January to September in 2019, there were 8900 to 9300 startups as compared to 7700-8200 a year ago.
- The investment in startups in the period January-September, 2019 touched 4.4 billion USD.
- The indirect jobs that created by the startup ecosystem can jump to 39 to 44 lakh by 2025 from 14 to 16 lakh in 2019
- The Indian startups have the potential to grow about 4 to 5 times by 2025
- Around 18% of the startups are leveraging deep-tech, fin tech, retail tech that are the most mature sectors with strong metrics
- In 2019, the startups created 60,000 direct jobs as compared to 40,000 in 2018
- Seven new unicorns were added in 2019. This takes the total number of unicorns in the country to 24 which is the third highest number of unicorns in a single country in the world. Unicorn refers to tech startup that reaches 1 billion USD market value. 71% of these unicorns are B2B focused.
NASSCOM is National Association of Software and Services Companies. It is a non-profit trade association of Indian IT and BPO industries.
Tags: BPO Industry • FinTech • NASSCOM • Startups • Technology
PM Modi inaugurated the Technology Demonstration Site at Kevadia, Gujarat on October 31, 2019. The inauguration was a part of the National Unity Day celebrations that commemorates the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel.
The security personnel showcased different technologies being used by them in the event.
- The site consisted of displays of police and paramilitary forces.
- It showcased various modern technologies that included lethal and non-lethal arms
- CRPF, CISF, BSF, NSG and other State Police contingents displayed their modern technology centering on various themes like modernization of forces, aviation security, digital initiatives, etc
- The Ministry of Home Affairs introduced the initiative of “112”, one number for all emergencies
- There were also stalls that displayed gallantry medals and honors received by CRPF-Central Reserve Police Force personnel.
- There were also exhibitions by Gujarat Police showcasing Vishwas project
- The theme of CISF-Central Industrial Security Force was centered on integrating modern technology with a focus on faster and efficient facial recognition technology at airports
- The NSG-National Security Guards showcased modern security kits, remote controlled vehicles and equipment and modern weaponry.