Vairengte Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The twelfth edition Indo-Mongolian Joint Military Exercise Nomadic Elephant 2017 has begun at Vairengte in Mizoram. Vairengte houses Indian Army’s elite Counter-Insurgency and Jungle Warfare School.
The first joint Nomadic Elephant was held in 2004 and since then it is annually held. It seeks to promote military associations between India and Mongolia.
- The two week exercise (from 5 to 18 April 2017), is aimed at training the troops in Counter Insurgency & Counter Terrorism Operations (CICT Ops) under the United Nations mandate.
- In this edition of exercise, Indian Army is represented by a contingent comprising of three officers, four JCOs and 39 soldiers of the Jammu & Kashmir Rifles.
- While, Mongolian Army is represented by nine officers and 36 soldiers of the elite 084 Special Forces Task Battalion.
- In this edition, both countries will lay emphasis on conducting operations by joint subunit, comprising of troops from both armies, in adverse operational conditions to enhancing interoperability between them.
- It encompasses important aspects like convoy protection, room intervention drills, ambush/counter-ambush drills while jointly conducting counter-terrorist operations under the UN mandate.