Wardha Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has organised a seminar on Gandhian thoughts and Swachhta to make India a Swacch Bharat by 2019 -150 the birthday celebration of Mahatma Gandhi.
- It was being organized in the Wardha district of Maharastra with a focus on achievement of the objectives of sanitation and Gandhian thoughts via Swacch Bharat Mission.
- The topics for address in the seminar were appropriate technologies in rural sanitation, organic waste management, and preventive sanitation.
- Gandhi’s concept of Swachh evam Swawalambhi Sankul was the main focus of the seminar.
- The seminar ended with a visit to Sevagram Ashram to gain experience from Gandhiji’s life.
Key facts about Swacch Bharat Mission
It is a program launched by Indian prime minister to make India Swacchh by 2019 which is the 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi. Swachh Bharat Abhiyan (SBA) was launched on 2 October 2014 with two submissions, SBA (gramin) and SBA (urban). The mission is jointly managed Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation (MDWS) (for gramin) and the Ministry of Urban Development (for urban).
- The mission has components like Construction of Household Toilets, Community and Public Toilets, Solid Waste Management, Information, Education & Communication (IEC) and Public Awareness, Capacity Building and Administrative & Office Expenses (A&OE).
- The mission has well managed to reach great sanitation level in three years of launch.
It is a massive Jan Andolan (people’s movement) and the rural sanitation coverage having increased from 39%, at the launch of the SBM in 2014, to over 95% today.
Tags: Gandhi • Maharashtra • Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation • Swacch Bharat Mission • Swachhata Seminar
On 26th November 2014, centenary celebrations of national institution- Shiksha Mandal Wardha began. President Pranab Mukherjee was Chief Guest of the celebration function.
Governor of Maharashtra, C Vidyasagar Rao was also present along with Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis and Union Minister for Road Transport & Highways in the Central Government (and a Shiksha Mandal Alumni) Nitin Gadkari .
About Shiksha Mandal
Shiksha Mandal is a pioneer national institution in higher education in Central India. It was founded in 1914, by Jamnalal Bajaj and Shrikrishnadas Jajoo, associates of Mahatma Gandhi, at Wardha for educating the youth of India.
During Independence, this Mandal was a part of the national movement and received support for several national leaders including Gandhiji, Sardar Patel, Shri PC Ray etc.
During pre-Independence time, some of its students and faculties were involved in the Quit India movement and for few months during this movement its buildings were seized by the British.
It was also the first institute in India to prepare text books and conduct examinations in Hindi and Marathi at the graduate level.