Union Government launches Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan
Union Government has launched a national campaign Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan in a bid to create awareness and capacity building on Safe and Hygienic food for all.
It was launched by Union Minister of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution Ram Vilas Paswan in New Delhi.
Facts about Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan
- Objective: Building a culture of food safety in the country.
- It will ensure the safe food to consumers apart from providing them Food security in order to address the food requirements.
- Initiated under the brand name of Jago Grahak Jago, which is mass awareness campaign which creates awareness of consumer rights and demands.
- Planned by: Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) along with Consumer Organization VOICE and National Association of Street Vendors of India (NASVI).
- Initiatives: Under this public campaign various awareness programmes will be undertaken across the country.
- It will include hygiene & sanitation for safe food, informative sessions on cleaning, walkathons and awareness by information dissemination through media programmes for consumers and street food industries.
Apart from this, the minister also launched website and a logo of Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan and also signed a pledge for a adopting safe food practices.
Categories: Government Schemes & Projects