World Kidney Day 2019
World Kidney Day 2019 will be observed on 14th March. The theme of the World Kidney Day 2019 is Kidney Health for Everyone Everywhere. The theme emphasizes universal health coverage (UHC) for prevention and early treatment of kidney disease.
World Kidney Day
Second Thursday of March every year is observed as World Kidney Day every year as a global health awareness campaign focusing on the importance of the kidneys and reducing the frequency and impact of kidney disease and its associated health problems worldwide.
World Kidney Day calls for everyone to advocate for concrete measures in every country to improve kidney care by:
- Encouraging to adopt healthy lifestyles.
- Making screening for kidney diseases a primary healthcare intervention by providing access to identification tools (e.g. urine and blood tests).
- Ensuring kidney patients receive basic health services they need to delay disease progression without suffering financial hardship.
- Call for transparent policies governing equitable and sustainable access to advanced health care services and better financial protection as more resources become available.
- Breaking down socioeconomic barriers and expanding access to comprehensive services in order to meet the needs of the population is essential to guarantee equitable kidney care and increase quality.
World Kidney Day is an initiative of the International Society of Nephrology (ISN) and the International Federation of Kidney Foundations (IFKF).
Categories: Events & Observances